The Bondi Memorial Project is part of a broader ACON project that aims to support community members impacted by historical violence and promote safety, diversity and social inclusion.
To make sure the Bondi Memorial Project truly reflects the experiences and interests of our communities, we want to hear from people who have experienced violence or lost a loved one to violence.
We appreciate that it can be hard to relive past experiences but through your generosity we are keen to:
- Hear your story & learn from your experiences
- Shape this project based on real life experiences
- Support people in their healing
While the focus of this project is on historical violence from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s, we are also interested to hear form people who have experienced more recent violence.
Two ways for you to share your story:
- Have a private and confidential conversation with Michael from ACON. Feel free to set up a face-to-face or phone conversation with Michael Atkinson on (02) 9206 2116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Leave your story in the form below. Your story will be safe with us. If you wish to share your story on the website, please let us know and we will be in touch with you first. Sharing your story can empower others by letting them know they are not alone.
If you find the process of reliving your story brings up sadness, anger or other feelings, supports are available:
- ACON - 1800 063 060
- QLife - 1800 184 527
- Life Line - 13 11 14